Queer Poetry. Love, Fury, (In)Justice (cu Ileana) w/ Ileana
In which we talk with Ileana about queer poetry and her new book Jumătate din viața mea de acum [Half of My Life So Far].
In today's (Romanian only) episode we talk with poet and queer and mad activist Ileana Negrea about queer literature and her recently published poetry book, Jumătate din viața mea de acum [Half of My Life So Far]. The episode begins with a general discussion on poetry and about the differences between queer and canonical poetry. We talk about the notion of queer gaze, the term crip and how it relates to queerness, as well as about autobiographism. In the second part we look at the local queer literature scene. Ileana describes her creative process and talks about poetry as a therapeutic act, about community and belonging, about the X Literary Circle, and about moving between niche and mainstream. The discussion is spliced with Ileana reciting a selection of poems and fragments by artists frin the local queer scene.
- Ileana Negrea, Jumătate din viața mea de acum [Half of My Life So Far], ed. frACTalia (2021).
- Cenaclul X [Literary Cirlce X]
- Medeea Iancu (coord.), Arta revendicării. Antologie de poezie queer [The Art of Claiming. Queer Poetry Anthology]. ed. frACTalia (2019).
- Carolina Vozian (coord.), Lumile noastre posibile [Our Possible Worlds], ed. Hecate (2020).
- Tudor Pop, softboi mimosa, ed. OMG (2019).
- Răzvan Andrei, Jazz pentru iguane [Jazz for Iguanas], ed. Brumar (2018).
- Angela Chen, Ace: What Asexuality Reveals About Desire, Society, and the Meaning of Sex, Beacon Press (2020)
- Cameron Akward-Rich - A Prude's Manifesto
- Episode art by Alex Horghidan
- Intro/outro song: "Coming of Agency" by Sofia Zadar
- "Divination" by Zimbru